The Taoiseach last night announced from midnight Friday 27th, and for a two-week period, everybody must stay at home, except in specific circumstances.
The new measures are in addition to those previously announced. These are in summary to stay at home apart from:
- to travel to and from work for the purposes of work, only where the work is an essential health, social care, or other essential service that cannot be done form home (a list of these will be provided)
- to shop for food or household goods, or collect a meal
- to attend medical appointments or collect medicines and other health products
- for vital family reasons, such a providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people
- to take brief, individual physical exercise within 2km of your own home, which may include children from your own household, as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing
- and for farming purposes, that is food production and the care of animals.
- All public and private gatherings of any number of people outside a single household or living unit are prohibited.
- All public transport and passenger travel is restricted to essential workers.
An updated list of essential services has now been issued:
The Motor Industry has been classified as a business that can ONLY service and repair vehicles in the event of an emergency and can only offer emergency call-out and delivery service.
If you need to get in touch with a member you will find their contact details here: